We are celebrating 10 years in business – with offers and prizes for our customers!
“S1E was created in early 2007 and started trading a few months later, so we’ve been doing business now for over a decade,” explained MD, Glenn Cartledge.
Celebrations began on 1st June at the Drain-ex exhibition, with a specially-created birthday cake, baked by S1E employee Rachel Dawson, who’s usually one of the team manning the S1E office. A flash sale will be held on the 29th June giving customers an extra 10% discount. You can also enter our fun competition by clicking here, with the chance to win a Lay-Z-Spa hot tub. The competition is open until the end of July.
“Ten years in business is a significant marker and it’s great to celebrate what we’ve achieved over that time. The support we receive from our customers is phenomenal, so it’s a pleasure to share this achievement with them and to give something back,” Glenn commented.
The competition asks some simple questions about events from 2007, testing customers’ memories from a decade ago. The questions cover TV, movies, films and more. One correct entry will be selected at random to win the hot tub prize.
“Initially, we were established, as Fernco Environmental, to promote the Pipe Doctor no-dig repair range directly to contractors. This range has itself grown over the past decade as we have developed it to tackle even more on-site situations. We’ve also added other products to our portfolio, all of which offer innovative or superior methods of repair or rehabilitation in this industry,” Glenn continued.
Over the past decade, the Pipe Doctor no-dig repair system has grown from a single product to a full range, boasting some impressive developments:
- First patch repair offered in kit form, with all the items needed for a single repair – this formula has now been replicated elsewhere in the industry;
- First system to offer resin in pre-measured bags, for no mess and no wastage on site;
- First patch repair system to gain WRc approval – which has since been renewed following rigorous re-testing;
- Range developed from kits to repair straights only to versions available for bends and junctions;
- First system to include a Rapid version, utilising pre-measured fast-curing resin, for a faster repair with consistency every time;
- Equally, the first fast-curing system to gain WRc approval
- Patch repair training courses to the industry, certified independently by E&U Skills;
- A high-quality packer hire service, where all packers and cleaned and maintained every time; and
- The latest development – the Pillow Packer for large diameter repairs, with easier installation, transportation & storage and the ability to repair oval as well as circular pipes.
“The Pipe Doctor range is our own and we continue to look for new ways to develop it,” commented Glenn. “We have also sought out other manufacturer partners, with similar commitment to innovation and quality, to offer their ranges to our contractor customers.
“We have offered the SealGuard range almost since we started the business. Those products are an exceptional range of high performance grouts. We’ve also offered the K-Prema internal seal for man-entry pipes for many years. Our newest partners are the Finnish companies Renssi & Seweri, who have re-designed traditional cleaning and cutting tools in partnership with their customers to bring the most flexible and durable tools to the industry.
“We’ve recently re-doubled our efforts to seek out new developments to complement the products we offer. I’ve mentioned some of our newer products above and we’ve more exciting projects in progress. We’re planning to bring even more to market in the 10 years to come!” concluded Glenn.