An essential element in the WRc-approved Pipe Doctor system, Pipe Doctor resin is available in three formulations for optimum working and cure times on site.
Pipe Doctor resin is supplied in two parts – resin and waterglass – which are activated on mixing.
Three formulations are available, Summer, Winter and Rapid, which give different working times and speed of curing, to suit the ambient temperature when being installed on site (see below). It should be noted that colder temperatures will lengthen both working and cure times; higher temperatures will reduce both times.
The Benefits of Pipe Doctor resin include:
- High temperature resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance compared to all other pipe repair resins
- Water-glass based polysilicate resin for strength and flexibility due to unique cross-linked molecular formula
- Able to cure in the presence of water, for no washout during installation
- Excellent bonding properties to most materials
- Excellent migration properties between the resin and fibreglass mat, for consistent impregnation
- Non-flammable, so ideal for airports, hospitals, stations and other public places
- Non-hazardous and completely inert once mixed, so no transport or disposal problems
- Odourless, so ideal in confined spaces
Three Formulations – Working & Cure Times
The following curing times and temperatures are based upon ambient conditions and are intended as a guide only:
|Temperature||Working Time (Mins)||Curing Time (Mins)|
|Winter Resin (W)|
|Summer Resin (S)|
|Rapid Resin (R)|
Pipe Doctor Rapid Resin
Pipe Doctor Rapid resin cures in record time for improved efficiency on site – and holds its own WRc approval.
Pipe Doctor Rapid has been developed to offer a significantly reduced cure time compared with other resins – Curing time is reduced to just 30 minutes at an ambient temperature of 20°C.
Correspondingly, Working Time has been reduced to 6-7 minutes at an ambient temperature of 20°C. It is therefore recommended that this product is used for repairs within 15 metres of the manhole, so that there is sufficient time to accurately position the repair within the working time.
Pipe Doctor Rapid is supplied with a handy thermometer, so that installers can check the temperature and ensure that they are aware of the accurate working and cure times for their application.
Unique resin bag – supplied in Pipe Doctor Kits
Within Pipe Doctor kits, the resin is supplied in a unique pre-measured 2-part bag, for no mess or wastage on site and a consistent result every time. The bag contains the two elements – silicate resin (dark brown in colour) and sodium waterglass (clear in colour) – separated by a sturdy clip. The clip is removed, with the bag still sealed, to mix the two elements ready for use.
This system provides real benefits on site:
- Always the correct mix – guaranteed
- No contact with unmixed resins
- Double-sealed secure bag
- No wastage
- Safe disposal of bag
- Transparent bag for visual check when mixing the resin
- Supplied in two sections, separated by a plastic sealing clip – working time only begins when actively mixed by removing clip