Prevention of aggressive infiltration through virtually any substrate.
SealGuard II stops leaks at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods – quickly, easily and permanently.
The SealGuard II product is extremely fast-acting, stopping fast flowing leaks almost instantly.
The cured polyurethane product is ideal for manholes, culverts, bunds or any concrete, cement or brick structure that needs to be dry – for its own purpose, or prior to a long term repair.
SealGuard II performs well with all but the most severe solvent or chemical attacks, such as highly concentrated nitric or sulphuric acid. SealGuard II is hydrophobic—it will not shrink, transmit VOCs or require special breathing systems or protection.
In comparison to the cement alternative often used, SealGuard II holds a range of advantages:
- Can be injected into flowing water of up to 3 litres per second (189 litres / 42 gallons per minute) with a reaction time of 1-3 seconds
- Injection and permanent seal, rather than just a cover up
- Will reconstitute, even in flowing water, unlike other materials which can be susceptible to washout
- Can be injected into the finest of fractures
- Achieves 900 psi (>60 bar) compressive strength, when cured
- Cures within seconds – work can continue almost immediately
- Simple, small and patented application equipment which allows reuse of cartridge
- Large 600ml, re-usable tube represents excellent value
- Secure non-return valve prevents product flowing back into cartridge and reacting with unused product
- Secure cap allows later use of unreacted product
- Shelf life of 2 years in unopened container
Originally developed in the USA for the mining industry, SealGuard II is a professional grade, highly effective, field tested product available for use in a multitude of applications – wherever high water flow needs to be stopped immediately.
The SealGuard range of polyurethane grouts has been used in many highly visible water sealing projects ranging from the “Big Dig” in Boston, Ground Zero in New York City, Dulles Airport in Washington, D.C as well as mines, geothermal wells, dry-docks, and virtually anything else that can leak.
SealGuard II has been used in conjunction with Pipe Doctor patch repair to fill difficult-to-reach voids. Read more here about a recent repair in Cumbria, where its inert qualities were essential, as the run-off discharged to a sensitive water course.
Application is simple…